Monday 6 April 2009

I am a software professional

[Draft manifesto, partly in response to the Software Craftsmanship manifesto.]

I am a software professional:

1) I build software that solves my customers' needs, explicit and implicit.

That is the only software I will qualify as "working".

2) The software I build not only works, it keeps working.

Always around the optimal balance between minimality and continuous improvement.

3) I build software with honesty, responsibility, vision, and passion.

My customer is king and I will tell him when he is wrong: no excuse, rather quit.

4) I believe in professional integrity and real competence.

This is no place for unscrupulous marketers and incompetent wannabies.

I am a software professional, and I am damn proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment